NJW, your Columbus, Ohio home improvement company, understands there are many reasons why you might be thinking about a room addition. The accumulation of furniture and décor, new bundles of joy in the family, sharing space with other family members, and the popularity of working from home are all common reasons your home might feel like your quarters are shrinking. Before you call a realtor, contact us and we can help you add more space to the house you already own with a room addition. You can save money and the headaches that come with moving by carefully reconsidering what you can accomplish with your current property.
In our experience with Columbus, Ohio room additions, we believe that a room addition could be a better idea than moving and here are some reasons why:
1. It’s less expensive than moving. If you have decided to work from home or are welcoming a new member to your family, don’t automatically pack your bags. The cost of buying a bigger home is often higher than adding on to the one you already have.
2. Stability. Space is just part of the reason you decide on a particular home. The community you choose is often just as important as the square footage. Sometimes you just love your neighborhood, the maturity of the neighborhood (i.e. full size trees, parks). You may want to stay in that particular school district, or even a certain school. If you have children at home, it is smarter to stay in one place if you can help it, than to pack up your entire life and move to a new neighborhood. A room addition allows you to remain in the area you already love.
3. Added value to home. The National Association of Realtors reports that every 1,000 square feet added to your home adds around 3 percent to its value. If you choose to sell your home down the road, you will be able to ask for a higher price. Deciding on a room addition is a smart way to pay yourself back on your investment!
4. Less wait time. In general, a room addition takes less time than buying a new home and moving. With a room addition, you can start enjoying your new space within a few months and have no moving hassle.
5. A room addition is smart. This is an easy way to make your home exactly the way you want it while staying in one place. The increase in space will help in practical ways and your home will also increase in value.
Regardless of your reasoning, we at NJW would love to meet with you and explore the possibilities your existing home holds. We currently build in Westerville, Worthington, Whitehall, Upper Arlington, Powell, Pickerington, New Albany, Lancaster, Hilliard, Gahanna, Dublin, Bexley, Columbus and all of Central Ohio. Contact us today!