This turn of the century Tudor house got a much-needed update. Now the joy of home ownership for this Bexley, Ohio, family can be considered “preservation at its best.”
In this project, we introduced a new back entry leading to a renovated kitchen, half bath and mudroom. We also built a detached garage that complements the style of the house. Our goal was to integrate modern conveniences while enhancing the character and integrity of the home’s original design features.
To see the project in its entirety click here for details!
Client’s garage, kitchen, half bath, and mudroom renovation, and new back entry addition wish list:
- Remove existing garage and back entry to minimize flooding of basement
- Build a new detached garage that complements the home’s charm
- Create a welcoming back entry with a smooth transition from outside to inside
- Utilize period appropriate material to restore character of original home design
- Improve usability of entry stoop, back entry/mudroom, ½ bath and eat-in kitchen
What we did to meet the clients wants/needs:
New exterior home entry
New design for a mudroom with storage
Half bath remodel
Kitchen renovation to maximize functionality
Tweak kitchen layout to get the best use of the kitchen space
Designing a modern space in a vintage home
Now this family has a warm, inviting home where modern functionality meets vintage style. What a cool, unique place to entertain friends or enjoy a lazy Saturday at home!
From the client:
“NJW was great! The project had plenty of ups and downs, but NJW dealt with every issue before I even knew there was an issue. I highly recommend NJW and I am very particular.”
John and Lynn – Bexley, Ohio
Whether you need an addition to your home, an updated bathroom or a kitchen remodel, NJW Construction creates new spaces that blend in with the rest of your home. Get started with a free consultation!