We have seen a big increase in specialty areas for our furry friends when doing home remodeling. As a matter of fact, pet washing stations have become common place in expanded mudrooms. It is one more convenience that will be enjoyed by all.
If you are a pet owner, you may have tried the daunting and often messy task of bathing. If you are doing a kitchen and mudroom expansion or remodel, why not add a bathing station into the mix to make life a little easier on yourself?
Great ideas to incorporate into your mudroom addition for your pet might be:
- An elevated washing station with built in hidden stairs so the pet walks up the stairs to the washing station and the owner can STAND and wash the pet…no more back pain from bending over and awkwardly washing your pet!
- Storage, storage and more storage for the food, treats, leashes… all things your pet needs on a daily basis, with built in storage these things can stay out of sight and orderly.
- Elevated food and water bowls you don’t like bending over to eat, so why should they?
- Faucets for easy filling of water bowls
- Porcelain tile flooring will make cleaning up after these muddy spring days a breeze. With pet hair, mud and any food messes it is vital in your remodel to choose a great durable floor material.
When you choose NJW to handle your home remodeling project, you can rest assured that we will take ALL family members into consideration, even the ones that drool!
We currently build in Westerville, Worthington, Whitehall, Upper Arlington, Powell, Pickerington, New Albany, Lancaster, Hilliard, Gahanna, Dublin, Bexley, Columbus and all of Central Ohio. Contact us today!
* photo found here