It’s that time of year again…
The dreaded, or maybe not so dreaded back to school hustle! NJW, your Columbus, Ohio home remodeling experts know how stressful getting everything together to prepare for back to school can be. We are not only experienced renovation experts, but we have been around the block a few times when it comes to going back to school!
Here is a checklist of items you might find helpful:
One to two weeks prior
- Start your children on their school year routines including studying and sleeping time.
- Visit your children’s schools and locate the front office, toilets, classrooms, gym, playground and cafeteria.
- Continue with the routine you have started for your children and include an eating schedule.
- Arrange your children’s belongings in designated areas and place them in specific compartments for easy access.
- Check your children’s supplies and make sure you have bought everything on the list you prepared.
Getting ready for the opening of another school year would not be complete without this back-to-school shopping guide:
- Check your budget for sending your children back to school, including purchasing the required school supplies, uniforms and electronics. Take time to decide exactly how much you would allocate for each item.
- Never forget to check your children’s unused school supplies from the previous school year, including unworn clothes. Scrap them from the list to trim it down.
- Buy the most important things. Prioritize items to buy according to the list provided by the teacher. List the prices to match your budget.
- Take advantage of back-to-school incentives and rewards. Be ready with coupons for additional discounts at the checkout plus watch out for minimum purchase requirements to take advantage of free shipping incentives.
- Never forget to get your children involved in the whole back-to-school shopping process to teach them the importance of spending within your means. This lets you teach them financial independence as well.
Two days prior to school day
Shop for your children’s meals for the first week of school. Make sure to prepare your children’s favorite foods to keep them full and energized. It’s also a good idea to plan and shop for your children’s healthy snacks.
One day prior to school day
- Pack your children’s supplies in backpacks the day before.
- Prepare your children’s snacks and lunches, or have them do it!
- Set the alarm clocks so your children will be on time for school.
First day of school
The big day has finally come. Your preparation will allow them to enjoy their first day of school worry free!
We love making peoples’ lives easier, whether it be when we handle a renovation, or just in general everyday life! Contact us to see how we can help you with your next home remodeling project. NJW currently builds in Westerville, Worthington, Whitehall, Upper Arlington, Powell, Pickerington, New Albany, Lancaster, Hilliard, Gahanna, Dublin, Bexley, Columbus and all of Central Ohio.