When you walk into your kitchen, you see a place to gather, laugh, and share. Whether it serves as a place to have family meals, work on difficult homework, or to share a glass of wine with close friends, the kitchen truly is the heart of the home. As such, making it not only a convenient and functional gathering space, but also a beautiful oasis is a goal of most homeowners. When looking for, or building a home, the kitchen is the room that gets the most attention and the most criticism. It can be the make or break on a purchase, and therefore, keeping up with the current and classic trends can add value to your home in so many capacities. That is why we put a list together of kitchen trends to look out for and apply when updating the heart of your home.
2022 Kitchen Trends: Update Your Colors
An easy and economical way to update your kitchen is by updating the wall colors and textures. In 2022, the popular kitchen colors are vast, giving you more options and varieties to work with.
- Dark and Bold | Black. Black kitchens are gaining popularity in a big way. Although the idea of a black kitchen can seem intimidating, once you add layers of texture and color to the black foundation, the result is stunning. Rustic wood and gold or brass finishes pair well with the boldness of black, creating a sleek and modern finish. If black walls are too much for you, consider using a black countertop or backsplash to incorporate this popular trend.
- Bright and Airy | Yellow. Nearly opposite of black, yellow has started to make a comeback into kitchens. After a devastating 2020 & 2021, this color brings joy and optimism to the home. With so many hues to choose from, yellow offers a variety of styles and shades—but the most popular is a “mellow yellow” or a neutral yellow.
- Earthy and Light | Mint. If you are looking for a happy and uplifting color, but yellow isn’t your thing, consider this shade of green; “dinner mint.” This color creates a calm feeling while staying on trend with earthy tones, but it’s lighter than the popular sage greens we were seeing last year. It pairs well with light and dark colors, giving you the freedom to incorporate other trends within your space.
- Timeless and Tranquil | White. Classic and forever loved, white comes in an enormous array of shades, and will always be a safe and easy bet when picking the paint for your kitchen. However, in 2022, the trend goes a little further by making sure you add plenty of texture to your white pallet with backsplashes, fixtures, cabinetry, and shelving.
- Classic & Calm | Grey. Popular favorite, Grey doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. With the ability to match grey so well, this color gives you the ability to play with accessories and fixtures of all shades, materials, and styles. If you want to stay on trend for 2022, think a deeper darker grey—one with brown in it that will really make a contrasting countertop pop.
Kitchen Trends 2022: Bold Texture with a Modern Feel
Once you have established a color pallet, it’s time to incorporate the real trend we are seeing in kitchens in 2022: Texture. Texture can be implemented in a lot of ways and in a lot of places within the heart of the home. Here are some exciting trends to look for when updating your kitchen.
- Metallic cabinetry
- Gold or gleaming brass hardware
- Copper or brass fronted cabinets
- Statement light fixtures
- Mirrored backsplash
- Brushed metals
- Leathered or textured stone finishes
- Colored concrete
- Free standing storage/shelving
- Slab backsplash
- Dark marble countertops
Creating clean lines, displaying unique architecture, and infusing natural grains and colors all have a place in the 2022 kitchen trends. The main thing we are noticing is that there is variety and creativity in kitchens that we haven’t necessarily seen before. At NJW Renovations Unlimited, we have the ability to work with top designers and architects to bring these trends into your vision and make your kitchen not only what you need, but what you want. Visit our galleries or contact us to see how you can get your favorite 2022 trends into your kitchen today!